The Oscars ditch its host for the second year in a row
The Oscars will once again ditch its host format this year, due to a rating’s boost after last year’s show that didn’t feature a host.
"Together with the Academy, we have decided there will be no traditional host, repeating for us what worked last year," ABC entertainment president Karey Burke said.
"[It will have] huge entertainment values, big musical numbers, comedy and star power."
Last year, the Oscars had to go without a host after their original choice Kevin Hart cancelled after a scandal revolving an old homophobic tweet. It was the first time in three decades the show didn’t have a host.
However, in the end, the show was considered a success and received a year-on-year ratings increase.
That said, the host-less format was not well received by critics and viewers at the time.
The Oscars will be live on February 9.
You can check out some of the highlights of the last host-less Oscars, below.