Things to buy this UAE National Day
UAE National Day, that magical time of year when residents of the UAE come together in celebration of the country they live in (and, in a nice bonus, get a couple of days off).
With millions of people expected to descend on the nation’s shopping malls over the weekend, if you’re risking a trip make sure you plan what you want in advance. Below is a helpful collection of things to start:
- Emporio Armani Shoes (Dhs2,200) – Bored of your black brogues? Try a contrast colour sole this season.
- McQ Backpack (Dhs1,600) – A smattering of colour on your backpack will brighten up your winter wardrobe.
- Hackett London (Dhs899) – Smarten up your workwear with these check trousers with a tuxedo stripe.
- Banana Republic Sweater (Dhs290) – Too hot for a sweater? Opt for one without sleeves.
- CH Carolina Herrera Sneakers (Dhs1,900) – Myriad textures make the most versatile sports shoe this season.
- Mango Jacket (Dhs399) – The varsity jacket still reigns and the high-street version won’t break the bank.
- Diesel Jeans (Dhs2,850) – Slim yet not skinny; torn but not too tired-looking, there jeans are just right.
- Prada Sunglasses (Dhs1,000) – Prada introduces aviators with a modern edge for the contemporary, yet classic, guy.