UAE’s first novel coronavirus victim recovers fully
The first person with the coronavirus in the UAE has recovered in full.
The 73-year-old Chinese citizen – Liu Yujia – has been treated in an isolation ward since January 23. However earlier today was released with a clean bill of health.
The Chinese Consul General thanks the UAE’s Ministry of Health and Prevention, and praised the efficiency of the country’s medical services. He said that Yujia has “recovered fully and can carry on with life normally”.
Consul-General Zuhang said, the "UAE leadership, government and people have demonstrated the true meaning of solidarity with the People's Republic of China in confronting this latest outbreak."
Yujia also thanked the UAE’s healthcare authorities, for the care and medical attention she received. "I would like to thank the Consul General of China and the representative of UAE's Ministry of Health for their visit," she said.
The UAE has taken every necessary precaution to deal with newly announced cases of the coronavirus.
According to Dr. Al Rand, "Individuals diagnosed are receiving proper health care in accordance with leading World Health Organisation standards, with each individual case being monitored until full recovery is attained."
"This case of the Chinese lady increases hope that other discovered cases in the UAE can also be fully recovered," he affirmed.
So far, the UAE has reported seven cases of the coronavirus infection – all Chinese nationals except for one one case – a Filipino.