-The Esquire 100 - Nader Mansour
The lead singer of The Wanton Bishops teaches us how to be a rockstar:
1. That famed Rock ‘n’ Roll attitude is not necessarily arrogance. Basic humility works wonders as well.
2. Gym, cardio and eating your damn vegetables, seems to have replaced the sex, drugs and Rock ‘n’ Roll nowadays. To go on tour, you need to be physically fit and be your own roadie.
3. Don’t wear sunglasses indoors, it is a douchey move.
4. It’s physically impossible to be with everyone, who wants you. Look for genuine connections.
5. What happens backstage never stays backstage! It now ends up on someone’s Instagram story. Beware.
6. Meditate, meditate, meditate. Keep connected with your higher-self or you’ll get lost in the unfulfilling pursuit of pleasures that the rockstar life
so abundantly offers.
7. It’s better to be rich than famous. Ask my banker.
8. Trashing hotel rooms is stupid... and expensive.
9. Be predominantly nice to the people who help around in hotels, on stage, and everywhere else. They don’t deserve to deal with your hangover headache.
10. A computer is an instrument now. DJs are rockstars in their own way. Don’t be hating.