The Rock is still Hollywood’s most bankable actor
Dwayne Johnson is once again Hollywood’s highest-paid actor, for the second year running.
The star earned a total of US$87.5 million in the year ending June 2020 (according to Forbes). The actor can thank his lucrative Netflix contracts for the bumper bank balance this year.
While that figure is slightly down from last year (where Johnson banked US$89.4 million) it is still largely above the second on the list; Ryan Reynolds came in the number two spot having earned US$71.5 million.
According to Forbes, it was Netflix that paid more than a quarter of all the actors on the Top 10 list.
Bollywood megastar Akshay Kumar and Martial arts icon Jackie Chan returned to the top 10 list, as did Will Smith and Adam Sandler.
You can check out the full list below:
1. Dwayne Johnson ($87.5 million)
2. Ryan Reynolds ($71.5 million)
3. Mark Wahlberg ($58 million)
4. Ben Affleck ($55 million)
5. Vin Diesel ($54 million)
6. Akshay Kumar ($48.5 million)
7. Lin-Manuel Miranda ($45.5 million)
8. Will Smith ($44.5 million)
9. Adam Sandler ($41 million)
10. Jackie Chan ($40 million)
Esquire now has a newsletter – sign up to get it sent straight to your inbox.