Max Verstappen is sticking with Red Bull until the 2023 F1 season
Formula One hotshot Max Verstappen has shut down all the rumours surrounding his possible move from Red Bull next year by signing a multi-year contract extention with the team until the 2023 season.
The news was confirmed today (January 7) by Red Bull Racing's official social media handles.
On his new contract Verstappen said: “I am really happy to have extended my partnership with the Team. Red Bull believed in me and gave me the opportunity to start in Formula 1 which I have always been very grateful for. Over the years I have grown closer and closer with the Team and besides the passion from everyone and the on-track performance it is also really enjoyable to work with such a great group of people. Honda coming onboard and the progress we have made over the last 12 months gives me even more motivation and the belief that we can win together. I respect the way Red Bull and Honda work together and from all sides everyone is doing what they can to succeed. I want to win with Red Bull and our goal is of course to fight for a World Championship together.”
The Dutchman was the youngest ever race-winner in F1 history, and he's publicly said he wants to be the youngest ever Formula One champion.
So far, the youngest driver to win a Formula One World Championship is Sebastian Vettel, who won his first title with Verstappen's current team Red Bull Racing on November 14, 2010, at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, aged 23 years and 134 days.
Red Bull Racing has previously called him "an integral member of the team and a driver whose determination to win truly embodies the Red Bull ethos."