Is the Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao rematch taking place in Saudi Arabia?
Rumour has it that the Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao rematch is indeed taking place and it's location is going to be pretty close to home.
Mayweather has been one to share news ahead of time so it does add an extra layer of speculation on whether the news is in fact true.
The 50-0 champion shared a video on Sunday saying he was traveling to Saudi Arabia for talks on a rematch with Filipino boxers-turned Senator Manny Pacquiao.
He said: “I want to say thank you, it’s an honour to come to Saudi Arabia to sit down with you guys to talk about the Mayweather v Pacquiao rematch.
“Saudi Arabia, Floyd ‘Money’ Mayweather, I’m on my way."
In 2015, their previous fight was billed as the biggest boxing match of the century, and took place in Las Vegas for the biggest $250m pot the sport has ever seen.
Pacquiao lost to Mayweather however and since then has come out of retirement and recently fought Keith Thurman for the crown. Pacquiao has said that he wants a rematch against Floyd Mayweather to avenge his 2015 loss. The Filipino politician instead, would also be up for a fight against the winner of Errol Spence's fight with Shawn Porter.
However according to his former promoter, Bob Arum, the star should quit while he's ahead.
“If that fight happens, then it’s probably worth it to do because that would be a big, big, big fight,” Arum told Fighthype.com.
In the last four years, Mayweather has fought Andre Berto, Conor McGregor and Tenshin Nasukawa.
Mayweather's fight with Mcgregor was dubbed the 'fight of the century' in 2017 and it allowed him to surpass the 49–0 record of professional boxing Hall of Famer Rocky Marciano.
So far the Saudi authorities have been yet to comment.