Dubai's Hatta is one of the world's most Instagrammed places
Most UAE residents escape the summer heat with weekend trips to Hatta to kayak their weather woes away. It's now been declared as one of the most 'Instagrammed' places in the world.
The popular destination is ranked in the top ten most Instagrammed places in the world in terms of road trips, according to a report by UAE-based Wecashanycar.
Owned by Dubizzle, the company analysed more than 12 million Instagram posts using the hastag #road-trip and found the top 20 most Instagrammable ones.
With a total of 25,929 posts, Hatta came in seventh place, and it's no surprise really. With it's jagged rocks, a picturesque dam and lots of camping area, Hatta is a tourist goldmine. On most weekends you will find it filled to the brim with tourists and residents. The trick to enjoying Hatta however, is to get there early in the day to make the most of kayaking around the area.
The number one spot went to Australia's Great Ocean Road with 87,190 posts, and the US’s Route 66 in second place with 62,680 posts.
As for what places followed Hatta, Italy’s Tuscany came in eighth place with 21,277 posts followed by Sicily with 14,628 posts and Scotland’s North Coast 500, which has 12,674 posts.
Top 10 Most Instagrammed Road Trips in the World:
1. Great Ocean Road, Australia - 87,190 posts
2. Route 66, USA - 62,680 posts
3. The Outback, Australia - 42,918 posts
4. The Big Sur, USA - 33,416 posts
5. Monument Valley, USA - 31,332 posts
6. Pacific Coast Highway, USA - 28,107 posts
7. Hatta, UAE - 25,929 posts
8. Tuscany, Italy - 21,277 posts
9. Sicily, Italy - 14,628 posts
10. North Coast 500, Scotland - 12,674 posts