Five reasons why you should visit World Art Dubai
- World Art Dubai returns for another year this April at Dubai World Trade Centre
- It hosts a collection of more than 3,000 artworks from galleries and solo artists from over 30 countries
- The four-day event will host workshops on everything from paper quilling to Japanese art of calligraphy
- The event runs from April 3 to April 6
Looking for a fun yet educational activity to do this week? World Art Dubai is now open at the Dubai World Trade Centre, catering to those who love art.
The fun, family friendly event offers educational workshops, interactive talks and cultural performances that pay homage to the over 3,000 art collections on sale at the event. The Art event will showcase over 150 artists and galleries from 30 countries around the globe, across five continents.
Sounds awesome doesnt it? But if you're still not sure, here are five reasons why we think you should.
1. For the fashion conscious: Art and Fashion are related and it's never been more clear than at World Art Dubai. Visitors will have the chance to customise their outfit with Ella Elenzano-Orencillo’s, multi-disciplinary artist’s touch. She adds her own art and unique flare onto fashion pieces, whether it’s a bag, shoes, or a piece of clothing. If you’d like a quick outfit makeover, or style advice in a matter of seconds, free of charge, it is definitely worth stopping by and meeting Ella.
2. Go graffiti crazy : From France to Dubai, the self-taught artist Franck Noto will be hosting a graffiti workshop. If you would like to learn about different techniques and his own personal tricks, pop by anytime between 4pm and 6pm, through the week. Noto is one of France’s most celebrated street artists with monumental work in different cities around the world.
3. Learn a new skill: Have you ever wanted to learn calligraphy? From writing your name in an artistic form, to learning further about the art itself, this workshop has you sorted. Diaa Allam, participant in the Dubai Guinness Record Graffiti Scroll will be hosting a workshop on Friday, April 5 from 3pm to 6pm. Allam’s latest work includes “Tolerance is the Heart of Wisdom” which was made for the launch of the new Dubai Airport .
4. Learn a new art technique: Artist Sarmed Mirza will be teaching a special workshop on how to use different techniques in shading. The workshop will be two hours long. Mirza is a qualified teacher with over 30 years of experience in creative arts.
5. Photo walk: Are you into all things photography? World Art Dubai will serve as an active studio for the Nikon’s Photowalk which will lead you through curated exhibits led by photography experts to help you gain skills required for event photography. Not only will you learn more about photography, you will also have the chance to win a Nikon D350, courtesy of Nikon Middle East and Africa. Register and submit your best photos taken during the tour.
For information on registration, please visit www.worldartdubai.com/whats-on-at-wad