Companies with ridiculously enviable staff perks
There is one school of thought in business that preaches a happy employee is a good employee. The idea is that a company and gain the most from the people that work there by creating working conditions that make people want to go to work each morning. Sadly, this is not all companies, so below is a short list of perks that some of the world's leading businesses offer the people that make the work happen:
1. The peer-to-peer homestay company Airbnb gives its employees $2,000 a year to travel the world, as well as letting people bring their pooches to work and providing free organic lunches.
2. Pinterest offers staff a trip to the Apple store whenever there's a new launch as well as unlimited vacation days.
3. Eventbrite have a "never-ending snack supply", they give employees a monthly fitness and wellness stipend and let them bring their dogs to work.
4. Dropbox have a fully stocked music studio for employee use, daily free lunches and dinners, whisky Fridays, on-site barbers and an amazing game room with arcade games and ping pong.
5. Netflix don't have set working hours or a set number of vacation days - as long as the job gets done, they don't mind when it's happening. More time to binge-watch shows, then...
6. Google gives staff free breakfast, lunch and dinner from its amazingly stocked canteen as well as free juice, coffee and snacks. Then there's the casual bowling alley and on-site massages.
7. Techy product marketplace AppSumo celebrate's the company's accomplishments by taking its entire team to Vegas on a private jet for team building and bonding. And they have a fully stocked bar.
8. Facebook employees get free transportation, dry cleaning, free gym and meals. There's also a candy shop on-site and a vending machine filled with free computer accessories, y'know. Just in case you need 'em.
9. Deloitte offer two sabbatical programs: a one-month unpaid leave that you can take at any time for any reason, and a three to six-month paid sabbatical to pursue personal growth. Or write a novel. Whatever floats your boat.
10. Twitter give staff unlimited vacation time, access to a free on-site gym, free food and booze on tap.