Adidas makes 2016's coolest trainers out of recycled bottles
Having already dabbled with 3-D printing and recycled materials, Adidas is going all in with its latest rendition of the wildly popular UltraBOOST Uncaged running shoe, crafting (pretty much) the entire shoe out of dumped ocean plastic.
Teaming up wit Parley for the Oceans, the UltraBOOST Uncaged Parley is made out of 95% ocean plastic recovered from the waters surrounding the Maldives, while the other 5% comprises recycled materials... in case you were worried.
Representing the first mass produced trainer made out of ocean plastic, Adidas will be initially releasing 7,000 pairs of the runner in mid November, with more plans afoot (haha) to utilise waste materials going forward.
As well as trendy running shoes, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid will both wear limited edition shirts made out of the same plastic, which is pretty cool. As are the pictures promoting them.